Tonight’s dinner was pork chops, pan cooked with apple and pear slices. As side dishes, The Chef made boiled potatoes and wax beans. It was quick and simple, and delicious comfort food for a cool evening.
This is one of my favorite ways to have pork chops, and if we can’t find ripe pears, we use good quality jarred pears in juice.
Pork Chops With Apples and Pears
- 2 bone in pork chops
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of Olive oil
- 1 medium Spartan apple
- 1 medium Bosc pear
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper
- Core apple and pear, and cut into 1/4″ slices (you don’t have to peel them)
- In medium non-stick fry pan add 1 tbsp of oil and set to medium high
- Add pork chops, with apple and pear
- Sear pork chops, cooking each side for 2-3 minutes
- Reduce heat and cover
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until done (depending on thickness of pork chops)