It’s a cold and rainy night, but the chef bravely headed out to the deck, to barbecue the chicken thighs. In the summer, he broils them in the oven, for about 20 minutes, and they’re almost as delicious as the barbecued ones. You can see the picture below the recipe.
When we started making these, years ago, the hot sauce was made by Durkees, so that’s what we still call it , most of the time. Now, the hot sauce is called Frank’s Redhot Sauce, which is the sauce used on the original Buffalo Chicken Wings (I think). Anyway, whatever it’s called, the sauce is delicious, and chicken thighs are easier than wings to eat, and better for your health!
Durkee’s Chicken Thighs
- Four skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp of Frank’s Redhot Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place butter in small bowl and melt in microwave, approx. 15 sec.
- Place chicken thighs in medium-sized bowl and add butter, lemon juice, and Frank’s Redhot sauce
- Mix ingredients together
- Marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Cook over medium high flames for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
For indoor cooking:
- Turn oven on to broil
- Place chicken thighs on oven rack with tray covered in tinfoil
- Broil for 10 minutes, then turn the thighs over, and brush with additional hot sauce, if desired.
- Continue broiling until done (about 10 more minutes)