Today the family gathered to celebrate Mother’s Day, and enjoyed burgers, chicken thighs, salads and desserts. We were too busy eating to take pictures of the dinner, but here’s the recipe for the gooey and delicious Maple Squares, and a picture of them on the dinner table.
1/4 cup oil
1-1/4 cups lightly packed brown sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1/2 tsp maple flavouring
1/2 cup raisins
2/3 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
- Mix oil and brown sugar. Blend in eggs, maple and raisins.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to liquids. Combine well.
- Turn batter into greased 9” square cake pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Cut into 32 bars.