Tonight the chef made pasta carbonara, with steamed asparagus and broccoli on the side, along with oven grilled mushrooms and tossed salad. In the frenzy of getting everything organized, the mushroom stayed in the oven a few minutes too long. So, they were tasty, but not as good as usual. Everything else was delicious.
Here’s the picture, and the carbonara recipe follows.
- 400g dried fettuccine or spaghetti
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, until just tender.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in microwave, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until crisp.
- Drain pasta and return immediately to hot saucepan.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Add hot pasta, and stir quickly to coat pasta with egg.
- Add bacon, Parmesan, and salt and pepper to pasta.
- If too dry, add tablespoon of 10% cream or milk.
- Serve immediately (serves 2).