Meanwhile, he made some risotto and tossed salad. The risotto was easy to prepare, and just needed regular stirring, and was very tasty. As you can see below, it all turned out beautifully, and tasted great. This recipe is adapted from The 250 Best 4-Ingredient Recipes cookbook.
Basic Creamy Risotto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Arborio rice
- 1-1/2 cups hot chicken stock
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, sautéed (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook about 3 minutes, until soft, stirring constantly.
- Add rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, until rice is coated with oil.
- Add the stock, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently (Wait until liquid is absorbed before adding more — this will make the risotto creamy)
- When all the stock is added, and rice is almost tender, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and/or sautéed mushrooms (optional).
- Serve immediately