Not many grocery stores carry this type of pasta sauce, but fortunately the Real Canadian Superstore near here has it, and at a reasonable price too. It’s not as good as home made, but much quicker and easier.
Later, I made these muffins, which we can enjoy for breakfast tomorrow. We taste tested them tonight, and they’re really good. Use a plate though — they’re crumbly!
Banana Streusel Muffins
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, raisins and peanut butter chips.
- In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and oil.
- Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tbsp flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is very fine. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.