The corn was a bit tough, but tasty, and made us dream of what we’ll get later in the summer.
As an appetizer, we had Naan bread and hummus. Maybe next time we’ll try making our own.
This recipe from Eat, Shrink & Be Merry! looks pretty easy.
- 1 can (19 oz/540 ml) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp each salt and granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp each ground cumin and ground coriander
Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and whirl until smooth. Serve with warmed whole wheat pita wedges or crisp vegetables for dunking. Makes about 2 cups.