Eating that chicken reminded me of a casserole that I usually make in the oven, but could be adapted to the slow cooker. Then we could make it in the summer, without heating up the kitchen.
The recipe is from Casseroles, in the Company’s Coming cookbook series. I don’t know who Bev is, but her recipe is tasty, and easy to prepare. The recipe creates a nice sauce that goes well with rice.
Bev’s Chicken Casserole
- 3 lb chicken pieces, skin removed
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 10 oz can condensed tomato soup
- 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 bunch green onions & tops, finely cut
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Arrange chicken in large casserole.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Combine remaining ingredients and spoon over chicken.
- Bake at 350° for 2 hours or until tender