Tonight the chef made Avgolemono (Greek soup), using the recipe that I posted yesterday. It was even better than I’d hoped for — light and refreshing, with a delicious flavour. I’d have it again any time.
From another one of my Company’s Coming cookbooks, 4 Ingredient Recipes, here’s a recipe that my son-in-law might like. Maybe we’ll wait for a cooler day to try it.
This cookbook has lots of quick and easy recipes, with simple ingredients, and clear instructions. That salad on the cover looks good too.
Perogy Ham Casserole
- 1 kg (2¼ lb) bag of frozen cheese perogies
- 10 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 2 cups grated medium Cheddar cheese
- Cook perogies in boiling water in large pot for about 5 minutes, until tender
- Transfer with slotted spoon to well greased 9×13″ baking dish
- Combine soup and 3/4 cup water in small bowl, and pour over perogies.
- Stir gently until coated, then scatter ham over top.
- Bake, covered with foil, in 350°F oven for about 30 minutes until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and bake uncovered for another 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbling.