Tonight the chef made quesadillas, with optional chicken and red and green peppers. I didn’t venture near the stove, but here’s what I saw from the other side of the kitchen. You could use ham or beef instead of chicken, or just add vegetables. Ours were delicious!
- Grill the chicken and cut it into 1/2″ cubes. Meanwhile, dice the peppers into 1/2″ squares, and pan fry until soft. You can cook diced onions as well.
- In a large frying pan, over medium high heat, add a 10″ tortilla, buttered lightly on one side, butter side down.
- Top with a handful of shredded cheese (Monterey Jack is nice).
- Sprinkle with chicken and peppers, then a bit more cheese.
- Top with another buttered tortilla, butter side up.
- Heat for about 3 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is brown.
- Flip over (carefully!) and cook for 2-3 minutes until the other side is brown.
- Remove from the pan and slice into 8 wedges. It’s easy to cut with a pizza wheel, if you have one.
- Serve with guacamole, salsa, sour cream or other sauces that you prefer.