The recipe is from one of my Company’s Coming cookbook, 4 Ingredient Recipes, and sounds very tasty.
If we don’t have orange juice, lemon juice with a bit of honey should be a good substitute. Instead of garlic butter, we could use regular butter, and some minced garlic or garlic powder.
This recipe serves 4, so we could cut it in half, for 2 servings.
Orange Herb Fish Fillets
- 1 lb White fish (such as tilapia or sole), any small bones removed, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1 tbsp garlic butter
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- Arrange fish pieces in greased 8×8 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Melt butter in small frying pan on medium heat. Add onion. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, untion softened. Remove from heat.
- Add orange juice and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Stir. Spoon onto fish.
- Bake, uncovered, in 450°F oven for about 10 minutes, until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.