Today the chef found a great deal on lean ground beef, so I guess we’ll need a few recipes to use it up. It’s stored in the freezer, so I think we have a couple of months to use it, before its quality starts to decline.
This recipe is quick and easy, with ingredients that the chef likes. It’s from a recipe booklet published by Betty Crocker in September 1996 — Casseroles & One-Dish Meals.
Sloppy Joe Skillet Dinner
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 can (15-1/2 oz) Sloppy Joe sauce
- Crumble beef into 10″ skillet.
- Sprinkle corn over beef.
- Layer onion and potatoes on corn.
- Pour Sloppy Joe sauce over top.
- Cover and cook over low heat about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is no longer pink in centre and potatoes are tender.
Makes 4 servings.