The chef is out again tonight, and left me with a loaf of bread and some cold meat. Heartless! Okay, there’s a also a well-stocked fridge and cupboard, but none of that food will magically jump onto my plate. Don’t worry though, I’ll have a sandwich and watch Iron Chef.
There’s more zucchini ready to be picked, so this recipe would make good use of them. It’s adapted from a recipe in Quickies 2; veggies and more, published by Chatelaine, and if you’ve been reading this blog, you know I love that cookbook series.
Lemon Zucchini Pasta Salad
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- grated peel of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh dill or basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 4 cups cooked macaroni or fusilli
- 1 large tomato, juiced and seeded, diced
- 1 chopped zucchini
- In a large bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper.
- Stir in macaroni, tomato and zucchini.