The zucchini crop is still booming, and this recipe looks like something we might enjoy. It’s from Cook with Jamie, by Jamie Oliver. I got this cookbook last Christmas, and have enjoyed looking through it, and drooling over the pretty pictures. There’s lots of basic information, and it would be great for beginning cooks, and for more experienced cooks who want to learn new techniques.
Zucchini With Chili and Lemon
- 4 small zucchini
- olive oil
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- salt and pepper
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbsp butter
- Slice zucchini with a mandolin or sharp knife, just under 1/4 thick.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat, and pour in 1-2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add zucchini, chili and garlic and fry for 2 minutes, until zucchini begin to brown.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add lemon juice and butter and cook for another 2 minutes.
- When lemon juice has evaporated, take pan off heat.
- Serve immediately.
Note: You could cook other vegetables, such as asparagus or leeks, the same way.