Tonight the chef made a very tasty salad Romaine with Sour Cream Maple Dressing, and a delicious ravioli. The ravioli had a cheese and mushroom filling, and was topped with a three-meat tomato sauce. He bought the pasta and sauce at Costco today, in the refrigerated section, and we’d certainly have both items again.
Here’s a recipe that we could try on a cool fall day. With a salad or vegetable on the side, it would be a hearty and tasty meal. The recipe is adapted from 4 Ingredient Recipes, a Company’s Coming cookbook.
Update 2016-Apr-06: We made this recipe, and it was tasty, and easy to prepare. It was “soupier” than we’d like though, so next time we’ll use 1/2 cup of water, instead of 3/4 cup.
Ground Beef and Potato Scallop
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 10 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- Stir fry ground beef in a large greased frying pan over medium heat, for about 10 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Drain meat, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and stir.
- Spread meat mixture in ungreased 2 quart casserole.
- In a large bowl, mix soup with 3/4 cup water. (use 1/2 cup for thicker mixture)
- Add potato, onion and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and stir.
- Spoon potato mixture over meat.
- Bake, covered, in 350°F over, for 1 hour.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, until top is starting to brown and potato is tender.