Here’s another ground beef recipe that we’ve enjoyed in the past, and would be a quick dinner on a busy day. We could use some of the herbs from our garden that the chef dried in the dehydrator today.
The recipe is adapted from a recipe in Quickies: Ten Quick Ways with Everyday Foods,one of my favourite cookbooks.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups kernel corn
- 28-oz can undrained tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced stuffed green olives
- 1 cup instant rice
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- In large saucepan, cook onion in oil, over medium high heat, for 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook, stirring often, until meat is browned.
- Add corn, tomatoes, olives, rice and seasonings.
- Cover tightly. Simmer, stirring often for 10 minutes.