Last night the chef made Osso Buco in the slow cooker, and it turned out great. We have enough leftovers for tonight’s supper, so he gets the night off!
Now that the days are getting cooler, we’re looking for recipes that will warm us up at supper time. Here’s a quick and easy ground beef recipe. You could throw in a handful of shredded carrots or shredded zucchini too, or serve with a salad on the side, to round out the meal.
Macaroni Beef Skillet
- 8 oz uncooked macaroni or rotini pasta
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 tsp dried basil
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions, and set aside.
- Place beef, onion, garlic, herbs and mushrooms in a skillet.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes, or until mushrooms and beef are fully cooked.
- Add tomato paste, water, Worcestershire sauce, cheese and parsley.
- Stir to combine with meat mixture.
- Stir in pasta, and heat thoroughly.