Maybe it’s time for some chicken. This recipe will use a couple of the apples that we got recently, and it looks quick and easy.
The chef likes chicken thighs so he could use those instead of chicken breasts.
The recipe is from The 250 Best 4-Ingredient Recipes by Margaret Howard, where we’ve found many excellent meal ideas.
Apple Harvest Chicken
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium apples, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
- Rinse and wipe chicken with paper towel.
- Sprinkle chicken with thyme, salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet lightly sprayed with cooking spray, sauté chicken on medium high for 5 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Add apples and cider.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook gently for 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink inside.