I’ll be making chili tonight, to give the chef a rest. He’s exhausted after cleaning out the garden today and bringing in all the green tomatoes to see if they’ll ripen indoors.
Here’s a pasta recipe that we’ve enjoyed in the past, but haven’t had recently. It’s a good way to use up leftover ham, after a family dinner, and is a hearty meal for a fall dinner. A mix of cauliflower and broccoli works well too, instead of just broccoli.
Ham and Pasta Skillet
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed broccoli cheese soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets (fresh or frozen)
- 3 cups cooked medium shell pasta
- 1-1/2 cups cooked ham cut into thin strips (8 oz)
- In 10″ skillet, combine soup, milk and mustard.
- Add broccoli.
- Over medium heat, heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover, and cook 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Add cooked pasta and ham.
- Heat through, stirring occasionally.