We make variations on this ground beef recipe, adding different spices, or leftover vegetables. The chef is out for dinner tonight, so I’ll make this as a quick meal for myself, with leftovers for tomorrow.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups water
- Heat oil in frying pan, over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery and carrots, and cook until browned lightly, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add ground beef and salt, and cook until brown, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Break up the meat into small pieces as you stir.
- Stir in flour, then mix in water.
- Reduce head to medium, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until gravy thickens.
- Serve over mashed or boiled potatoes.
Makes 4 servings