This chicken recipe looks really easy to make, and the chef likes sweet potatoes, so maybe he’ll try this one. It’s adapted from an old magazine clipping that I found in my recipes file.
Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 3 cups frozen peas
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spread undiluted soup in bottom of a 5-quart Dutch oven.
- Add chicken, and turn the pieces to coat with soup.
- Sprinkle with thyme, and add sweet potato.
- Cover and bake for 50 minutes.
- Add peas, cover and bake for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked, and vegetables are tender.