We’ve enjoyed this recipe several times, sometimes using leftover roast beef instead of ground beef. It’s quick and easy to make, and very filling. The recipe makes lots, so you can freeze the leftovers, or have them the next day.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 can (19 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (19 oz) red kidney beans
- 2 cans (14 oz) baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup medium salsa
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat, then add ground beef.
- Cook beef, stirring often, until browned, and no pink remains.
- Add onion, and cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add tomatoes, baked beans, kidney beans, salsa and seasoning.
- Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes.
Makes 8 servings