These are delicious, chewy cookies, and very easy to make. Pack them with your lunch, or serve with milk or coffee as an afternoon snack.
Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- grated peel of 1 orange
- 1 cup quick-cooking (not instant) oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, oat bran and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, cream together margarine, granulated sugar and brown sugar, until fluffy.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Stir in orange juice and peel.
- Stir in flour mixture, and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in oats and cranberries.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of dough onto greased baking sheets, about 2” apart.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned.
Makes 3 dozen