This would be great for a summer dinner on the patio, or for a family gathering. The recipe is from the June issue of Real Simple magazine, and adapted to our tastes. For example, the original recipe calls for 1 cup of parsley, and I’ve reduced that to 1/4 cup.
- 1-1/2 lbs new potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1-1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leafed parsley, roughly chopped
- Place potatoes in pot with water to cover.
- Add 1 tsp salt, and simmer till tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
- Cut into quarters
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels, and crumble when cool
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper
- Toss with potatoes and parsley.
- Just before serving, mix in bacon.