Last week the chef made a lovely grilled rack of lamb, and he emailed me the recipe so I could post it here. Yes, that’s right – he emailed it – all the way from the kitchen laptop to my office upstairs. I’ll bet we’re not the only people who email within their own house though!
Anyway, here’s his top secret recipe. And when he says to watch carefully, you should take his advice. He turned his back on ours for about 5 minutes, and we almost lost it! It was engulfed in flames, and the chef risked life and limb to retrieve it.
So, it was a little crispy on the outside, but moist and flavourful, and done to perfection inside.
Grilled Rack of Lamb
- 1 rack of lamb (we used Australian from Costco)
- 1 heaping tbsp Dijon
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- One stem of Rosemary (Cut in thirds)
- Mix all ingredients in a bag with the rack of lamb
- Place in fridge until ready to BBQ (1-2 hours)
- Set BBQ on medium and place rack on
- Spread remainder of marinade on rack
- Watch carefully turning occasionally for approx. 5 minutes a side for medium rare