The chef made a fabulous pasta this week, and we both rated it as one of the best things he’s ever cooked. We can’t wait to have it again!
He agreed to share the recipe, which he concocted by himself, from a mixture of other recipes. There’s a picture of the finished dish at the bottom of the recipe. Yummy!
- 6 slices Prosciutto
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup cream
- Pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Fresh curly parsley a few sprigs
- Fresh Italian parsley a few sprigs
- Fresh garlic chives
- 1 package fresh pasta (I used Olivieri 350 grams linguine — about 2/3 pkg)
- Slice mushrooms, dice prosciutto, dice parsleys and chives and set aside.
- Place pasta in pot with enough water, a dash of salt and a bit of olive oil bring to boil and cook until el dente.
- In large mixing bowl beat egg with the cream and add pepper and set aside
- Next while the pasta is cooking sauté the mushrooms in olive oil and a bit of butter as the pasta is almost ready add the prosciutto and herbs to the mushrooms.
- When pasta is ready drain and toss in the egg and cream and add parmesan and mix in the sautéed mushrooms mixture.