Next weekend, we’re going to a pot luck dinner, and we might take this tasty potato salad. It’s delicious, even if it’s a little high in fat, thanks to the bacon. I like to make this with red potatoes, for a nice touch of colour.
Potato Salad With Bacon
- 1-1/2 lbs new potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried dill
- In large pot, cover potatoes with water.
- Add 1 tsp salt, and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes
- Drain, and run under cold water until cool.
- Cut potatoes into quarters.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in skillet over medium high heat, until crispy, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
- When cooled, crumble bacon.
- In large bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Toss dressing with potatoes, bacon and dill.
Note: Salad can be prepared 1 day ahead, then add the bacon just before serving.