We’ve got a few acorn squash in the garden this year, and it looks like they’re almost ready to eat. I’m not a big fan, but The Chef likes them.
However, this recipe looks pretty good, as far as acorn squash recipes go. 😉 Maybe we can try it with some of the harvest.
The recipe is from Quickies: Ten Quick Ways with Everyday Foods. The recipe doesn’t say to pierce the squash, but I always poke it with a fork a couple of times before microwaving.
Garlic Ginger Squash
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 – 3 tsp butter
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 3 thin slices fresh ginger
- Microwave the squash on high, for 3 minutes.
- Peel it, and thinly slice, discarding the seeds.
- Cut the squash into bite sized pieces
- Sauté in butter, with garlic and ginger.
- Sprinkle with pinches of salt and pepper.