I found this recipe in a Betty Crocker Casseroles and One Dish Meals booklet. It’s nice and easy, and something a little different than the standard beef casserole.
If you don’t like lamb though, you could make this with ground beef.
Greek Lamb and Orzo
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 cans (16 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 medium stalk celery, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- Plain yoghurt (optional)
- Cook lamb in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink.
- Drain fat from the skillet.
- Stir in tomatoes, celery, pasta, salt and red pepper.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 12 minutes, stirring frequently, until tomato liquid is absorbed and orzo is tender.
- Serve with yoghurt.
Makes 4 servings.