This recipe is from The 250 Best 4-Ingredient Recipes, by Margaret Howard, and it’s really tasty, and easy to make. We first tried this recipe about 5 years ago, and have enjoyed it many times since.
The rice always turns out perfectly, without any attention, and it’s an easy way to cook the rice if you’ve got something else in the oven anyway.
Mushroom Oven Rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (any type)
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups hot chicken or beef stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice in and stock
- Transfer to greased, 6-cup casserole.
- Cover and bake in preheated 400°F oven for 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Season with pepper to taste.