Mom brought this salad for Christmas dinner, and we really enjoyed it. If you think that cauliflower is bland and boring, this will change your mind!
The instructions say that you can serve it hot or cold, and we served it hot.
- 5 lbs cauliflower, broken into florets
- 6 medium carrots, coarsely diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz. vegetable oil (I used much less)
- 3 medium cooking onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 oz. Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 15 oz. chili sauce
- 2 tsp. white sugar
- pinch of oregano
- 3 oz. white vinegar
- Par boil the cauliflower and carrots until they are soft but not fully cooked.
- Season with the salt and pepper, and place in a covered pan. Set aside.
- Heat the onion in the oil and sauté until soft.
- Add all the other ingredients and bring to a boil. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix this together with the vegetables and bake in a 375°F oven for 25 minutes.
- You can either serve this hot or allow it to chill thoroughly in the fridge and serve it as a salad.
Yield: 10 portions