It’s only a couple of weeks until St. Patrick’s Day, so it’s time to start planning our Corned Beef dinner. This is the perfect type of meal to make in a slow cooker.
Here’s the Corned Beef Brisket recipe from the booklet that came with a Crockery Chef Slow Cooker that we bought long, long ago. That slower cooker has been replaced a couple of times, but the recipe booklet lives on!
We also make a Slow Cooker Corned Beef with Cabbage recipe, so you might like it too.
Corned Beef Brisket
- 3-4 pounds corned beef (half brisket)
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups water
- Put brisket in slow cooker, and add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8-10 hours.
- When meat is tender, remove from liquid.
- Slice and serve with horseradish sauce.
Makes 6-8 servings.