We’re getting ready for St. Patrick’s Day, and I posted a Slow Cooker Corned Beef Brisket recipe on Sunday. Here’s another corned beef recipe for the slow cooker. This recipe is more traditional, with corned beef and cabbage.
Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 2-3 pounds corned beef brisket
- 3 carrots, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 medium cabbage, cut into small wedges
- 1 cup water
- Put carrots in slow cooker first, then add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8-10 hours (or High for 4-6 hours).
- After 4-6 hours on Low, push cabbage down into liquid (or after 2-3 hours on High)
- When meat is tender, remove from liquid.
- Slice brisket and serve with vegetables.
Makes 4-6 servings.