This salad recipe is perfect for spring, and it comes from Ultimate 30 Minute Cookbook, by Jenni Fleetwood.
Lemon Carrot Salad
- 1 lb small young carrots
- grated rind and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano or pinch of dried oregano
- salt and ground black pepper
- Finely grate the carrots and place them in a large bowl.
- Stir in the lemon rind, 1-2 tbsp lemon juice, sugar, oils, and mix well.
- Add more lemon juice and seasoning to taste.
- Sprinkle on the oregano, and toss.
- Leave salad for 20 minutes before serving.