This picture is from last summer’s garden, when we had hundreds of tasty tomatoes. This year’s crop is barely started, but we’re already looking forward to using the tomatoes in recipes like this one.
This tortellini recipe is adapted from Chatelaine’s Quickies 2:Veggies and More, and it’s quick, easy, and delicious.
Tomato Tortellini for Two
- 1/2 lb tortellini
- 4 coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 2 sliced green onions
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese
- Cook tortellini in boiling salted water until al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Stir together tomatoes, onions, and seasonings.
- Drain pasta, and return to pan.
- Add crumbled cheese
- Stir over low heat until cheese begins to melt.
- Add tomato mixture, and stir gently until hot.