The chef has been very busy this month, helping his mom while his dad is in the hospital. So, tonight I offered to cook dinner, and tried this recipe, modified from one that I found online.
It was quick and easy to make, with ingredients that we had in the house, and tasted great. We both voted to put it in the keeper file, to have again.
Note: I made half the recipe, with the same cooking time.
Chicken Thighs with Honey Lemon Rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- In a large skillet with tight fitting lid heat olive oil and brown chicken thighs, over medium high heat.
- Remove thighs when browned and add onion.
- Sauté until onion is soft.
- Add lemon juice, chicken broth, honey, soy sauce, lemon pepper, parsley, and rice.
- Stir to combine.
- Add browned chicken thighs on top.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until chicken is done and liquid is absorbed.