This recipe is quick and easy to make, and the lemon adds a nice zing to the taste.
I usually have all the ingredients on hand, so it’s perfect for a summer evening when it’s too hot to cook a big dinner.
Linguine with Lemon and Tuna
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 lb gluten free linguine
- 6 oz can tuna, drained
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fill large pot with water and bring to boil over high heat.
- Finely grate 1 tsp peel from the lemon.
- Cut the lemon in half, and wrap and refrigerate half for another use.
- When the water is boiling, add the pasta, and cook according to directions, until al dente.
- Ladle 1/2 cup pasta water into a small measuring cup.
- Drain pasta and place in a large bowl
- Crumble in the tuna.
- Stir in onions, lemon peel, capers, salt and oregano.
- Squeeze in the juice from the lemon half.
- Add oil and 1/4 cup pasta water, and stir to mix evenly.
- Taste, and add more of the pasta water if sauce is too dry.
Makes 2 servings.