Fortunately, I don’t have to cook too often, but occasionally The Chef needs a day off. This recipe looks delicious, and I’ll make it the next time it’s my turn to cook.
The recipe is from Real Simple, and the ingredient list is short, so that’s a good thing. Best of all, it’s made in the slow cooker, with no pre-cooking and just a couple of steps to make the sauce at the end.
Slow Cooker Chicken With Leeks
- 1-1/2 lbs small new potatoes (about 16)
- 8 small skinless chicken thighs (1-1/2 lbs)
- 3 leeks (white and green parts), halved lengthwise, cut into 1-1/2” pieces
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Kosher salt
- 1 10-oz bag of frozen peas
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- Place the potatoes on the bottom of a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add chicken, leeks, wine and 1 tsp salt.
- Cook, covered, until the chicken and potatoes are tender, on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours.
- Transfer the chicken and all but 4 of the potatoes to plates.
- Using a fork, smash the remaining potatoes into the cooking liquid to thicken.
- Add the peas and cream and cook just until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spoon over the chicken and sprinkle with the tarragon.