This morning the Chef made French toast, using a recipe that he found last week, in the Toronto Sun. The recipe comes from the Healing Spices cookbook, by Dr. Bharant Aggarwal.
The French toast was awesome! It smelled great while it was cooking, and tasted delicious. We’ll definitely have it again.
If you like your French toast crispy, don’t let it absorb too much of the banana mixture, before cooking.
[Update: We had one piece left over, and froze it. I reheated it in the toaster, and it tasted almost as good as it did fresh from the frying pan.]
Cinnamon Banana French Toast
Ingredients (for two)
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 4 slices of thick whole grain bread
- maple syrup
- Put banana, milk, cinnamon and nutmeg in a blender.
- Add eggs and blend until smooth.
- Put mixture into large square baking pan or dish.
- Add bread and turn until mixture has been absorbed.
- Melt butter in a large non stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add bread and cook in batches until golden brown.
Serve with maple syrup.