The Chef made oven fries last night, and I decided that it’s finally time to put the recipe here on the blog. We have them about once a week, and they’re always great. Occasionally, the Chef uses a sweet potato, instead of white potatoes, and those are tasty too.
Because we have these so often, the Chef invested in a French fry cutter, to make the preparation easier. If you don’t have one, you can cut them with a mandolin or knife. Just watch your fingers!
The Chef used to line the cookie sheet with parchment paper, but I gave him a Silpat baking mat last year, and he prefers to use that now. It seems to make the fries a bit crispier, and the oven can be set at 425°F, instead of 400°F.
Healthy Oven Fries
- 5 med new white potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (or 425°F if using a silicone baking mat)
- Peel and wash potatoes
- Cut into French fries (by hand or with French fry cutter)
- Pat dry and place in large plastic bag with olive oil
- Toss to mix well, coating all the potatoes
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, turning at least twice, until golden brown.