We had this cake for dessert on Mother’s Day, and everyone loved it. It’s quick and easy to make, and cleanup is easy because it mixes up in one bowl.
We served it right out of the cake pan, and the parchment makes it easy to slice and serve. Strawberries were on sale this week, so we topped each serving with a scoop of sliced berries. Delicious!
It was good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream too, as you can see in the picture below. This recipe is a new favourite!
Chocolate Banana Cake
- 2 cups of mashed, very ripe bananas (about 5)
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2-1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Icing sugar (optional)
- Line 13” x 9” pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl blend together bananas, milk, oil, lemon juice, eggs and vanilla
- Stir in flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
- Using electric mixer, beat gently for two minutes
- Gently stir in chocolate chips, just until mixed.
- Scrape into prepared pan
- Bake in 350° oven until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, approx. 30 minutes
- Transfer to rack to cool
- Sprinkle with icing sugar if using
Cut into 15 large pieces.
Per serving: 10 g fat, 40 g carbs, 4 g protein, 3 g fibre.