This tasty chicken dish is quick and easy to make, and it only has one tablespoon of oil. The recipe is adapted from Quickies Chicken, which has many more dinner ideas that we enjoy.
I usually pound the chicken breasts, to make them flatter, so they cook evenly.
Crunchy Cornmeal Chili Chicken
- 3 tbsp cornmeal
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp each salt and ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a pie plate, combine the cornmeal, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper
- Into this mixture, dip the chicken breasts, one at a time. Press firmly into the mixture, to get a good coating.
- In a large frying pan, over medium-low, heat the oil.
- Add chicken, and sauté until golden, and chicken feels springy – about 7-10 minutes per side.
Serve with salsa, and oven-fried potato wedges.
Makes 4 servings.