In the comments for the Minute Magic Pastry recipe, Jackie asked for the apple pie recipe, from the same Cooking with oil cookbook.
Fortunately, my copy of the recipe still has all the ingredients! So, for Jackie, here is the apple pie recipe, and I hope she enjoys it for Christmas. Maybe I’ll make one too – it would be a delicious way to use up some of the apples in the cold cellar. 😉
- Minute Magic Pastry for a 2-crust pie
- 6 to 7 medium apples
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon*
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg*
- 1/3 cup Bee Hive golden corn syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice*
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Prepare the Minute Magic Pastry.
- Pare, core and slice apples into a pastry-lined 9" pie plate.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over apples.
- Cover with top crust; seal and flute into a high edge.
- Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375°F and continue to bake about 30 minutes longer, until pastry is golden and apples are tender.
*Note: For very flavourful early apples, reduce cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice by half.