This potato recipe is quick and easy to make, and is absolutely delicious. Watch out though – it’s a bit high in fat, so don’t serve it too often! I like to make this for a dinner party, because it doesn’t require much attention, and fills the house with a wonderful aroma as it cooks.
The potatoes can be cooked in the microwave, which is handy, if the oven is full. If the oven is on, and there’s room for another dish, cook the potatoes in there, to save energy. They’re delicious, cooked either way.
You can also make this recipe with peeled potatoes, instead of leaving the skins on.
Sliced Baked Potatoes
- 6 baking potatoes
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Wash potatoes. With sharp knife, make lengthwise cuts 1/4” apart, slicing only 2/3 of the way down but not through to bottom.
- In shallow casserole (large enough to hold potatoes without cramming) microwave bacon and butter for approximately 4 minutes.
- Roll potatoes in bacon and butter mixture to coat, then arrange, cut side up, in casserole.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or microwave on high for 15 minutes.
- Baste again with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Continue baking for 10-15 minutes or microwave 5 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
Makes 6 servings.