In the comments for the Minute Magic Tea Biscuits recipe, Shirley asked if I had the Tea Muffins recipe, from the same St. Lawrence Corn Oil cookbook.
Good new, Shirley — I found the recipe, and here it is. There is also a variation for Apple Muffins, and it sounds good too.
- 1-3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Combine egg, milk and corn oil, and add all at once, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill oiled muffin tins or oiled paper cup-cake cups in muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.
Add 2 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped, to the dry ingredients, just before adding the liquid. Bake muffins at 400°F for 25 minutes. Serve warm.