Even in the warmer weather, we still use our slow cooker, to create quick and easy meals like this one. This pork recipe uses only four ingredients, and you probably have them on hand already.
The flavor will vary, depending on the type of beer and barbecue sauce that you use. We like a Carolina style barbecue sauce, and a pale ale. Experiment with different combinations, and find your favorites.
Slow Cooker Beer and Mushroom Pork
- 12-oz bottle of beer
- 10-oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2.5 lbs pork shoulder
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, whisk together the beer, condensed soup and barbecue sauce. (The mixture will be lumpy.)
- Remove the string from the pork shoulder, and cut off any excess fat.
- Put the pork in the slow cooker with the beer mixture.
- Cover the slow cooker, and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours, or on low for 6 to 8 hours, until the pork is tender.
Serve with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables.
Makes 4 servings.