For dinner tonight, the Chef made this delicious honey mustard chicken, and arugula salad. The original recipe, from Real Simple, serves 4, and we reduced the amounts, so it would serve the 2 of us.
The thyme was a little strong, so instead of 1/2 tablespoon, we’ll use 1 teaspoon next time. If you love thyme, use 1/2 tablespoon.
We added blueberries to the salad, and they tasted great, and added a nice touch of colour to the salad, contrasting with the orange flesh of the plums. You can see a picture of our salad, below the recipe.
Honey Mustard Chicken With Arugula Plum Salad
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2.5 tbsp olive oil
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 1.25 pounds)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch arugula, thick stems removed (3 cups)
- 1 plum, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, mustard, thyme, and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Heat grill to medium-low. Season the chicken with a dash of salt and pepper (about 1/4 teaspoon of each).
- Grill, covered, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes; brush frequently with the honey mixture during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, the remaining 1.5 tablespoons of oil, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Add the arugula, plums and blueberries, and toss to combine. Serve with the chicken.