We got this recipe from Rick Gallop’s “The G.I. Diet”. We had not had this dish for a while and made it again last night. It was excellent — as good as we remembered.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pound of flank steak
- Combine soy sauce, orange juice, oil vinegar, garlic, ginger and mustard in a bowl.
- Whisk ingredients together and add flank steak to bowl or place steak in plastic bag and add marinade. Put into refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to 8 hours turning meat occasionally.
- Preheat oiled grill to medium high.
- Discard marinade and place steak on grill and close cover. Cook turning once for about 8 minutes per side for medium rare or until desired doneness.
- Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil for 5 minutes.
- Slice thinly across the grain and serve