We haven’t tried this recipe yet but it is on the menu for tomorrow. This recipe came from an old issue of Real Simple.
[Update 2014-09-05] We tried this with beef tenderloin, and it was delicious! We’ll definitely make this meal again. You can see our dinner in the photo at the end of this post.
- 1 pound small red potatoes ( about 12)
- 3 1/2 tsps of Kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground Black pepper
- 4 small steaks (such as Newport, Flat, iron or Top round. I will use Tenderloin)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small Boston lettuce, torn (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp of olive oil ( I will use canola oil)
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil and add 2 teaspoons of salt. Reduce heat and simmer for until tender 14 to 16 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to cool, use a fork or your fingers to break the potatoes in half.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season steaks with 1 tsp of salt and 3/4 tsp of pepper and cook to desired doneness, 4 to five minutes per side for medium rare. ( I will grill the steaks on BBQ).
- In a large bowl combine blue cheese, vinegar, remaining 1/4 cup of oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Add lettuce and potatoes and toss to coat. Serve with the steaks.