We got this recipe from the magazine Real Simple. We tried it last night and really enjoyed it. A light enjoyable vegetarian dinner. It is one we will be adding to our favourites.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry thawed
- 4 tbsps of olive oil ( I used canola)
- 10 ounces of assorted mushrooms sliced ( such as button, cremini, shitake, oyster etc)
- 1 shallot sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 ounces Gruyere or sharp white cheddar, grated ( 1 cup) ( I used Gruyere)
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp of white wine vinegar
- 4 ounces mixed greens ( 6 cups)
- 2 radishes thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Unfold the pastry and cut into 4 squares
- Place the squares on parchment lined baking sheet and using a fork prick the dough all over.
- Meanwhile heat 2 tbsps of the oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and shallot with 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Cook tossing occasionally until the mushrooms are browned, 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until nearly evaporated, about 1 minute.
- Dividing evenly, sprinkle pastry squares with half the cheese leaving a 1/2 inch border on each.Top with mushroom mixture and remaining cheese.
- Bake until pastry is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk mustard, vinegar and remaining 2 tbsps of oil and 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper.
- Add greens and radishes and toss to coat.
- Serve tarts with the the salad garnished with the chives
Here are a couple of pictures showing the pre baked result and the finished meal